Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain & Transport Management (CIC-UK)
This management area has been described by many names, and relevant activities may include one or more of the following areas: physical distribution, materials management, transportation management, logistics, supply chain management, transportation, inventory, order processing, purchasing, warehousing, materials handling and packaging.
The focus of this Program is on the planning, organizing and controlling of these activities – key elements for successful management in any organization. Special emphasis is given to strategic planning and decision-making as an important part of the management process. Managerial efforts are directed towards setting the level of the logistics activities to make products and services available to customers at the time and place, and in the condition and form desired, in a profitable and cost-effective way.
1. Business Logistics, Supply Chain, Activity Mix, Customer Expectations, Added Value, Objectives
2. Logistics/Supply Chain (LSC) Strategy, Planning, Costs, Implementing Strategy, LSC Channels
3. The LSC Product, 80-20 Curve, Product Characteristics, Packaging, Pricing, Incentive Prices
4. LSC Customer Service, Order Cycle Time, Sales Service Relationships, Levels and Constraints
5. Order Processing, Time and other Factors, Logistics Information Systems, Management Systems
6. Transport Systems and Decisions, Characteristics, Shipment Agencies, International, Costing.
• Course duration:12 months
• Exam body: CIC-UK