Diploma in Information Communication Technology (KNEC)
Information and Communications Technology (ICT), is an extended synonym, an umbrella term which contains both Information Technology (IT) as well as Communications Technology under its fold.
Information Communication Technology is the integration of telecommunications in computing for effective access, storage, transmission, and manipulation of information.
This course is intended to equip the trainees with knowledge, skills and attitudes which are responsive to the challenging needs in the computing industry. The course will allow the graduates to work in a salaried employment or self-employment.
To achieve this, units such as entrepreneurship, communication skills and life skills have been included in the course work.
- Introduction to Information communication technology and ethics
- Computer application I
- Communication skills
- Structured programming
- Computational mathematics
- Operating systems
- Life skills
- Research project
- Systems analysis and design
- Object oriented programming
- Visual programming
- Database management system
- Quantitative methods
- Data communication and networking
- Internet based programming
- Business plan
- Management information system
- Principles and practice of management
Course Duration: 24 Months
Exam Body: KNEC
Grade: C- and Above
[cs_search cs_search_section_title=”Search Our New Courses” cs_search_des=”Our courses are applied,innovative and grounded in the real world.” ]